Wednesday 9 July 2014

Elise Letourneau shortlisted for The 2014 American Prize in composition

I'm humbled and pleased to announce that I've been shortlisted for The 2014 American Prize in the choral composition category. This in itself is gratifying, but what makes me especially happy as a composer is that, having also been shortlisted in 2013 with completely different music, it tells me I've been writing consistently, and consistently well.

The American Prize is a series of non-profit national competitions in the performing arts unique in scope and structure, providing cash awards, professional adjudication and regional, national and international recognition. Each year, The American Prize rewards the best recorded performances by individual artists and ensembles in the United States at the professional, community/amateur, college, university, church and school levels.


http://theamericanprize.blogspot.ca/2014/06/composer-finalists-chorus.html