Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why the blog?

So many people have asked me about this project and have expressed a genuine interest in it. They have talked about how important it is to get the word out about this project. And they've also asked about the process of going about a project like this.

I'm so gratified by people's responses when they learn about "Requiem for Fourteen Roses", because it's a big undertaking, and I can't do it justice all by myself.

And it IS important to get the word out, because people will need to know about it in order for the project to get off the ground.

As far as the process goes, I don't think there is any one way of going about a project like this, but I'm glad to share the ups and downs along the way from my perspective as a composer. I've composed lots of music, but this is my first time taking on a full concert-length work, with a fixed and looming deadline, and a topic that is so important.

Truth is, I'm figuring it out as I go along. But I'm happy for the company along the way. Thanks for reading!